Thursday, January 24, 2013

Peters says Maori do better when all NZers treated equally

Winston Peters went to Ratana and had a go at the Mana and Maori Parties.

Speaking to Ratana elders at the Ratana celebrations today, the New Zealand First leader said it was unsightly and unseemly to watch the four locked in a power struggle while ordinary people are struggling with issues such unemployment, serious health problems, education and housing.

“They have the warped view that Maori will only progress if they have a separate system for everything whereas history shows the most progress has been made while all New Zealanders receive fair and equal treatment.”

I don't know if he has the evidence to substantiate this claim but I am sure it's true. And I'm even more sure it's the only way Maori will progress in the future.


2 comments:

Paulus said...

Peters as a part Maori is a publicity seeker of the worse hypocritical kind.
He only wants the media to follow his words.
If it had not been for the media's adoration he would not be in Parliament today.

Unknown said...

"I don't know if he has the evidence to substantiate this claim but I am sure it's true."

Wow. That's quite a stunning statement. If that's indicative how you put forth a cogent logical argument then I pity those who read this blog.

I certainly won't be wasting anymore of my time here.