Friday, October 26, 2007

What the?

In this strange world of divergent realities, threats that are then claimed to be jokes, rehearsals which are claimed to be mere role-playing, I received a letter yesterday telling me to renounce crimes of the Crown or await my arrest. It was sent to me because I am guilty of standing as a electoral candidate at the last election. It isn't easy to understand what the papers, which appear to have been filed in the Court of Appeal and Supreme Court, mean, but I gather they are from a Maori group who do not recognise the Crown. As an endorser of the Crown, by my action of seeking to become an MP, I now owe over $3 million or will spend 122 years in jail.

Anybody else received such a letter?

8 comments:

ZenTiger said...

Its good that they recognise the postal system. It's a start, isn't it.

Could you write back and ask for details on the prison facilities they have set up, and the species of kangaroo they have got in as judge?

Those big reds can be very harsh, try to see if you can pick a day when a wallaby is sitting.

ZenTiger said...

BTW, is that $3 million pakeha dollars?

They seem to recognise Crown money, if not crown law...

Swimming said...

If they dont recognise the crown, why do they recognise the legal system? Write back and ask them whether the papers that were filed were Maori papers. If they endorse our legal system, tell them that by their actions of seeking to arrange a court case they now owe over $3 million or will spend 122 years in jail.

Anonymous said...

It' this an extortion letter - pay up or we will carry threw with depriving you of your liberty.

You should lay a compliant with the Police.

Anonymous said...

Yes, someone I know received and showed the letter to me.

It appears to be written by a drunk lawyer, overdosed on pot and P while reading the Treaty. Burn it.

Oswald Bastable said...

No- scan & post!

Anonymous said...

Ever heard the saying "Only in America". Well this kind of crap happens "Only in NZ"

Anonymous said...

Apparently a number of former candidates have received these - sadly, having moved house twice since the election, I doubt that my copy will find me.

The scan-and-post option is highly recommended, so the rest of us can see what we're missing... :)