Thursday, April 05, 2007

Snail-mail too steep

In three years NZ Post has increased mailing charges by 25 percent. I run a small business. One of the main overheads is postage costs. Granted it is a very small concern but plenty of other larger organisations would be in a similar position. Charities leap to mind. I will be contacting my customers pointing out that I have not increased the price of my service in thirteen years. Neither do I want to. Can they please send me an e-mail address to which I can send the product as an attachment. (This will also cut down on my copying costs.)

To NZ Post - 25 percent of nothing is nothing. In fact it's worse than nothing because I won't need to buy the envelopes you sell through your Post Shops either.

(PS are you still subsidising Kiwibank?)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I refuse to buy anything other than stamps and only pay the things like mv registration at Post Shops. There are plenty of priuvately owned shops that sell envelopes, greeting cards, magazines etc.

They are usually in the near vicinity of Post shops who should not be competing with them.