Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Inconsiderate idiots

The stupidity of those who created the anti-police poster is worse than I thought. When I heard about the posters yesterday, with their 0800 BAD COPS phone number, I immediately wondered whether that number would be an allocated number. Whether someone had thought to try it before plastering it on the poster. Turns out it is. It belongs to a Rotorua motorcamp, the owner of which says he will sue the idiots (my word) if he can find them. He's had to disconnect the line and will have incurred losses.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, but I can't quite agree with you. Even the Motorcamp guy doesn't get my sympathy. I am sure in the circumstances that Telecom would be very willing to help him out. It's amazing what they will do when it's politically "appropriate!" And I'm sure if he changed his attitude and thought outside the square, the motorcamp owner could reap some significant benefit from the publicity.

But as for the "harm" it's doing, I think "Excellent Job". WHO, exactly, set up this whole fiasco of putting senior Police Officers to trial on such flimsy evidence, dredging up so much dirt and thereby discrediting the whole Police Force? WHO?


Of course, the buck stops with Helen Clark and "The Girls" (Margaret Wilson included). She has such a tight grip on the reins of power in NZ that she will have authorised it to proceed. Just as she has "persuaded" the Police not to prosecute her or her party on a number of occasions.

And "The Girls" want to appoint one of their own to the role of Top Cop, so first they have to eliminate the better contenders.

Of course HC's responsible.

But she can't have her cake and eat it. Good Job. HC is for HypoCrite!

Just my opinion said...

I hope the Motor Camp owner goes after them for that nonsense.

Typical reactionary stupidity without anybody doing their homework. Hardly asking for public sympathy is it? Wonder if the organisers would like their home phone numbers on a poster?