Friday, March 03, 2006

Is this some kind of joke?


Have I gone mad or is it the rest of the world? I read this with utter disbelief. Let me say that on occasion I have shared a drink bottle with my kids. If we hike the nearby hills we go as lightly as possible. My God, What was I thinking of??

Phrases such as bugger and sheep-shagger are acceptable – but apparently there is no place on the telly for an advertisement showing a father and son swigging fruit juice from the same bottle.

The Advertising Standards Complaints Board says the Keri fruit juice advertisement should be taken off air – because it is socially irresponsible. The ruling follows several decisions reflecting the growing number of complaints demanding that advertisers be more socially responsible.

The board acknowledged yesterday that the advert probably would have been acceptable a few years ago – but said society had moved on.


Moved on?? To what?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know it's only going to get worse. Until we tell them to bugger off!