Saturday, December 31, 2005

My nomination for a New Year's Award

Back in 2002, or thereabouts, I kept hearing this guy Aaron calling talkback radio going on about a movie he wanted to make. He was determined. But more than that he was full of passion and self-belief. The talk hosts kept giving him a go because he was trying so damn hard. The only way his dream was going to come to fruition was if he could sell enough shares.

I've never bought shares in anything but I really wanted this guy to get a chance. I contacted him but had to admit I couldn't afford more than half a share so he matched me up with someone else in the same boat.

Since then Aaron has made his movie, hawked it around the international film festivals, won several awards and made the front cover of a Hollywood mag. BUT still no distribution deal.

Just before Xmas I received a greetings card from Aaron and his family (one of many communications he has sent to keep his investors constantly in the loop) to say that he has at long last secured a deal!

I was thrilled to bits. And I feel privileged to have been able to help in a tiny way, what was a superhuman effort on his behalf.

Oh, and the movie. POP. Go and have a look.

3 comments:

Mike Readman said...

That guy keeps running for mayor in Christchurch. I heard he had the most chance of winning against Garry Moore. I heard a while ago that he made a movie.

Michael said...

The movie looks interesting - any word on a release date in NZ?

Anonymous said...

Many Child Care Providers charge a supply fee each year for children; others factor in materials into their weekly or monthly costs. But supplies are expensive, and whether it is a seperate fee or not, smart shopping is imperitive to make those dollars strech as far as possible. Here are some money saving tips or ideas from Child Care Providers and parents alike.
Link to my site: child care miami